The following policy refers to The Furniture Trader's online and instore customers.
The Furniture Trader provides the highest standards in Security for our customers.
The Furniture Trader treats your personal information with the greatest of care. Sensitive payment information such as credit card details are not stored on the internet or with our systems. Once you type your information, it is sent instantly, and encrypted direct to our order processing system through our secure Payment Provider gateways. Our Payment Providers provide the most secure payment platforms available in todays' instore and online payment market. Our Payment Providers employ the latest encryption technology. This is done to protect you from unauthorized use of information you send us. Our website and associated Payment Providers are registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm our security identity before any transmission is sent. With this technology, the identity of this site and our associated Payment Providers is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any sensitive information requested to complete an order online or instore.
Personal information that The Furniture Trader may collect.
As with our Webstore, The Furniture Trader's Australian stores collect personal information, including names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers and billing information for the purposes of processing your order, communication, invoicing, dispatch, warranty validity and marketing activities.
The Furniture Trader also collects personal information for the purposes of verifying one's identity to an existing order to prevent disclosure of personal information in the event of an attempted enquiry of customer information that may be unauthorised.
How Your Information May Be Shared
We never sell or rent your personal information. The Furniture Trader may release personal information under the following circumstances:
- Where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is requested by a government agency;
- Where our records indicate a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of;
- To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others
- Service providers - in accordance with current corporate and privacy legislation including, without limitation:
- Technology service providers - for services such as application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and data analysis, payment protection providers, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, network administrators, debt collectors, third party product repairers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- Partners - including, our third party marketing agencies, membership program partners, Facebook, Twitter, Google, organisations we partner with for promotions or for distribution and transport purposes.
We seek to protect your privacy when we send Personal Information overseas. This includes satisfying ourselves that the overseas recipient either will not breach the Australian Privacy Principles or is subject to a similar binding obligation which you can enforce. Entities located outside of Australia to whom we may disclose your Personal Information include, without limitation, our data hosting and other IT and CRM service providers located in the United States.
Direct marketing materials - We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you if you would reasonably expect us to do so in light of how we collected your Personal Information. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, social media and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). Our marketing communications will contain an opting out option.
Computer Tracking and Cookies
This website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our website logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice, Conditions of Use and Notices
If you visit our Web site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Legal Notices including our Terms and Conditions Policy. This Privacy Notice may change over time and the use of information which we gather now is subject to these Notices and Terms as modified.